Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT

   Sometimes we go through things and wonder why we're going through them. We never question why things are going good 98 % of the time, but as soon as something goes wrong, we tend to panic and wonder "Why me" 98% of the time. Today I heard a subject on the radio and it really hit me. Why are parents scared to talk to their children about SEX? I'm not the biggest Micheal Baisden fan, but that was a great subject; Why are we?
   Well being a father of very young girls, I never want to see the day that are grown all up. First boys calling the house, then there's dating, prom, college boyfriends and on and on from that point. How am I going to react? Only God knows. Baisden said that he talked about sex to his daughter who's now 20 years old since she was 7. Well I have an eight year old and I'm not ready to have that discussion with her. But when is the time? I don't want to wait until they're 13 or 14 and hearing it from her peers. I want them to know and understand the real meaning of having sex and why and when they should do it. (Ehwwww) But as a father, I rather that I tell them, than some knuckle head boy trying to tell them things that he thinks will get him past first base and hitting a homerun. Or their friend girls saying what they did and how it felt.
   Every month, I see at least a new pregnant girl walking around school. I'm talking freshman to seniors and a few have had babies in junior high. UNHEARD OF IN MY MIDDLE SCHOOL DAYS! But as I see these 14-18 year old kids that can barely spell words correctly having kids, it's upsetting to me. My mom had me at 17, her freshman year of college and had help from her parents. But there are a lot of parents that won't help and leave their kid out in the cold. 75% of low income adults have children out of wedllock. 80% have those second child before being married and so on and on. We as adults need to sit down and talk to children and not be scared of issues when it concerns our future doctors, lawyers, CEO's, and presidents.
WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME?
BE BLESSED UNTIL TOMORROW

No comments:

Post a Comment