Friday, April 15, 2011

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS

   People, today is TGIF. What a week this has been. Starting a blog and didn't have to jack up no kids this week. Lol.
   This subject is very important to me, because a lot of kids growing up don't respect their elders. Rather you know it or not, these kids are a different breed. Something is in the water. I can't say that I was the biggest saint around adults, but there were certain things that i wouldn't just do in front of them. Not these kids. They have no shame. I see kids all day kissing like the preacher said, "You may now kiss your bride". I mean, they'll kiss in front of adults like we're not even standing there in their presence. Everyday for about three months, I saw the same two kids, come to the courtyard and sit there and put their tongues down each others throat and everyday, I broke them up.
    No profanity is the other thing that I have a problem with everyday. Kids will just curse like you're not even around. MF this, B&%#$ that, Suck my ****, kiss my ***, B you can eat me, the list goes on and on. When I hear these things 8 out of 10 will apologize to you, but take 8 more steps and do it again. I'm 32 years old and I won't even use that language in front of either of my parents or grandmother. I can hardly use it in front of my older family members or co-workers.
    But most of these kids, (inner city), that's all they hear at home. Parents will curse them out like they're enemies, cursing on the phone with their friends, or even just blasting music with curse words in them. I pulled up at the daycare and at 7:30am, I hear a mom get out of her car, bumping Too Short Freaky Tales. C'mon man!!! I don't ever try to tell people how to raise their kids, because that's a sensitive subject for some. But don't get made when your kid is using "grown folks" language, when you broadcast it everyday. Don't go to your son/daughter school, cursing the teacher or principals out and don't expect them to do the same. Remember, very young kids brains are like sponges, they soak up all of your rights and wrongs.
   So let us all try to be better adults and watch the language we use in font of our kids, even when you're upset. Well until Monday! Have a great weekend!!! Happy Bday Queen V and LeeLee

No comments:

Post a Comment